“I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.”
Revelation 19:11 NIV
Today is our last lesson about strange events in the Bible. We are going to learn some things about Jesus that you may not have ever heard before and how the future will be affected by His actions. Our scripture is from Revelation, a prophetic book about God’s power, judgment, and restoration.
(A future Warrior King.)
1. Who is riding the white horse?
2. Where does He come from?
3. What does He do?
4. Why does this seem odd?
5. Does this mean at least one part of the Bible is false about Jesus? Why or why not?
6. How is He described?
7. Who is following Him and how are they described?
8. What comes out of Jesus’ mouth?
9. What is written on His robe and thigh?
10. Why is it necessary for Jesus to return as a warrior?
Conclusion: Jesus will one day return as our Warrior King who will defeat the enemies of God (those who refuse to believe in Him and rebel against Him). Furthermore, His actions as a warrior will extinguish sin from the earth so God’s dwelling can be with us like He intended at the beginning of creation. Yes, Jesus first came as a sacrifice to provide salvation to the world, but He isn’t finished yet! Because we know God’s word is true, we can find comfort in this prophecy while heeding the warning of Jesus’ future return.